Logic of the Scientific Method and Methods of Psychology
1. Basic ways in which people have accepted information as being true:
2. Phases of the research process:
(1) generating ideas
(2) defining the problem
(3) designing appropriate procedures
(5) analyzing data
(6) interpreting the results
(7) communicating the results
3. Research methods according to the degree of experimental control:
(1) Naturalistic observation
(2) Case study
(3) Correlational research (example 1) (example 2)
(4) Experimental research – independent and dependent variables; random assignment to conditions.
4. Theoretical constructs and their operational definitions.
5. Basic statistical concepts.